Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults & Children
Registration for RCIA/RCIC are by appointment only. Please contact Alfred or Connie Kemm at 425-9445 to make an appointment. The following documentation is required at the time of registration: 1) If already baptized, a copy of your Baptismal Certificate; if not Baptized a copy of your Birth Certificate, 2) The proposed Sponsor/Godparent permission slip from his or her parish, and 3) A registration fee of $50 (this covers materials used throughout the RCIA/RCIC year, as well as the All day Retreat.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES:
1. Anyone who has never been baptized in any Christian Faith.
2. Anyone who has been baptized is another Christian Faith and want to explore conversion to Catholicism.
3. Those adults baptized in the Catholic Faith wanting to complete the Sacraments of Initiation through Holy Eucharist and Confirmation.
4. Must be 16 years of age or older. (NOTE: Baptized Catholics who are in High School, MUST enroll in the Parish High School Confirmation Program. Those in High School that also need to prepare for First Holy Communion will attend RCIA lieu of the first year of the High School Confirmation Program, and then attend the second year High School Confirmation Program to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. RCIA WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AS A SUBSTITUTE. The only exception is for those who are Seniors in High School, or are no longer in High School, and want toprepare for Holy Eucharist and Confirmation.
5. Must be able/willing to attend all RCIA Tuesday night sessions, participate in all other scheduled events, and comply with the program requirements.
6. Must not be cohabitation (living outside of marriage) with someone (now or in the future).
7. If married civilly (JP), must arrange to be married in the Catholic Church prior to receiving the other Sacraments.
8. MUST choose a sponsor/godparent who can attend all sessions and scheduled events, and that meet the below listed requirements. (Assistance can be given in finding a sponsor/godparent, if necessary). Before asking your proposed Sponsor, please discuss your selection with the RCIA Coordinators first.
1. Children ages 6 to 15 years who have never been baptized
2. Children ages 6 to 15 who were baptized in another Christian faith and are converting to Catholicism.
3. Parents must select a sponsor/godparent that can attend the RCIA sessions and other scheduled events, and meet the requirements listed below.
4. Children, parents and sponsors will be required to attend all classes as follows:
- CHILDREN WILL ATTEND RCIC SESSIONS FROM 7 PM TO 8 PM AND WILL ATTEND ALL OTHER SCHEDULED EVENTS.
- CHILD’S SPONSORS/GODPARENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE ADULT RCIA SESSIONS ON TUESDAYS FOR 7 PM TO 9PM AND ALL OTHER SCHEDULED EVENTS.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPONSOR/GODPARENTS
1. Must have received the all Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, First Holy Communion & Confirmation) in the Catholic Church.
2. Must be at least 16 years old.
3. Must not be married outside the Catholic Church or cohabitating (living outside of marriage) with someone (now or in the future).
4. At a minimum: Must attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, receive the Sacrament of Penance (Confession) at least once a year and go to Holy Communion at least once a year in the Easter Season.
5. Must be a registered member of his/her Parish for at least 6 months and provide a permission slip for the Parish at the first RCIA/RCIC session.
6. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND ALL RCIA SESSIONS AND OTHER SCHEDULED EVENTS. RCIA Tuesday night sessions are from 7 PM to 9 PM. At these sessions, you must be willing to be attentive and supportive of the information being presented and be a positive role model for your candidate.
7. Must be willing to help your candidate between sessions, make sure that the candidate is reading the material, doing the required tasks and make sure your available to answer any questions your candidate may have.
8. Must be able to show this person, by example, word and action to live as a faithful Christian in communion with and according to the teachings of the Holy Catholic Faith.